Jer. 29:11-13
Safari Kubwa
The Ilceski's

Wednesday, 25 April 2012

Be the change!

Today I spent the day packing, organizing and repacking to ensure that I have everything I need and everything ready when I see our kids faces again!

In only four short days, although they will probably be the longest four days of my life, I will be reunited with some of the sweetest and cutest faces I know.

Thank you to everyone who has made this dream become a reality. I cannot tell you just how important and life changing this trip will be. However, I want to be clear that my heart and passion to return to Singida was not just because I wanted to see them again, it was a desire to see faith and hope restored into lost and broken lives. As vulnerable and orphaned street children, abandonment issues run deep.

For the first time since 2004, when this project began, I will be the first team member to return and see our kids. I cannot tell you how deep of an impact this will have on our kids.

There is a quote by Ghandi that states: " Be the change in the world you want to see".

Whether you realize it or not, you have just been that change and made it possible for Dave and I to continue perusing our dreams of 'being the change that we want to see in this world'.  It's true that one person cannot change the world, but when we decide to work together, change can happen.  Because of all of you, forty lives WILL be changed on Sunday.

"I cannot do what you do, nor can you do what I do. But if we work together think of all that we can accomplish" ~ Mother Teresa

This is what it looked like today.....

Hockey Bag filled this gifts for our kids!

Yes some sweets of course, but mostly teaching supplies!!!

Hahah Gravol is a must on these trips!

One small suitcase for me!!!! But it's all in there!!!





But this is what it will look like come sunday......






2 comments:

  1. You have such a big heart. I love what you do for these kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will understand now why I am so obsessed and in love with them. Once you get to know them, know their faces, their hearts, and their dreams it's hard to just forget them. I see what you are doing with the kids at Limes and know that you have become just as obsessed lol!!! I LOVE looking at your photos of the kids...they just make you melt. It's impossible to not love those little faces!!! Haha and I just realized there was a couple of typo's hahah we do not want to change the WHOLE WORLD. Oh brother!!

    ReplyDelete