On March 30th Dave celebrated his 27th birthday! Although most of his day was spent going to class, studying and helping with a bake sale (Cake Bake as the Brit's call it) we managed to squeeze in some celebration time! Now I was on strict orders to not go "over board" with this birthday, to not plan a party or tell everyone that I know that it was Dave's birthday (hahah not that I would EVER do something like that) and so I had to use all self control that I could muster up and did NOT over do it. We are headed to Ireland on April 7th and I had to keep reminding myself that this was the birthday present!!!
In the morning I had the banner, balloons and ribbon ready for when Dave woke up. And then we had dinner together when he got home! Simple, but so fun to be celebrating this day together in England.
We took a few moments to reflect over the year and we couldn't believe that it was a year ago that we were celebrating with friends, one of our last get togethers, before embarking on our new journey. I cannot believe a year has come and gone, but I could not be more proud of my husband. Although it hardly seems like any time has passed by at all, he has accomplished so much and grown into such an amazing, honourable and truly gifted man. We truly have so much to be thankful for and celebrate in this last year!
 |
| Birthday Dinner! |
 |
| Celebrating Dave's 27th Birthday in Newcastle |
 |
| A little Newcastle Love!!! |
 |
| I bought this pin our first year of marriage, 5 years ago now, and have had him wear it (much to his dislike lol) and he was surprised that I brought it to England! |
 |
| Home Made Apple Crumble Birthday cake!!! Dave's favorite! |
 |
| Happy Birthday!!! "H" and "B" |
 |
| And this is for Mama! The tradition carries on! Although we were missing the Orange Juice Boot! |
No comments:
Post a Comment