Jer. 29:11-13
Safari Kubwa
The Ilceski's

Monday, 17 October 2011

J'adore Paris: Day Two (Morning)

Day Two


After planning and plotting out each day (as previously mentioned) we woke up early Saturday morning to begin our adventures in Paris. 

On our list for Saturday: Touring Chateau de Versailles  (morning) and Notre Dame (evening)

Morning:

Dave and I both agree that touring Versailles is a 'must see' when in Paris and for us, was one of our favorite days.  

Chateau de Versailles (or in English " Palace of Versailles") is not only famous for the building (it is simply stunning) but is the building where the 'Treaty of Versailles' was signed on June 28th, 1919 by the Germans to end World War I. For many high school students (particularly in Canada) this is a staple 'history' lesson and both Dave and I remember learning about the Treaty while in school. It was an incredible experience to be standing in the same room we had learned so much about growing up.

We loved the architecture, the paintings and decore, the history and simply just the feel and look of the entire little Paris town (Ile-de-France) that Versailles is in; picture horse and carriage, starbucks in hand and beautiful fall colours (all of which happened while we were there....truly breath taking).

Rather than writing about our time, I am simply going to share with you some of the most beautiful and precious memories of our trip at Versailles.

Our First View of Versailles...yes it was breath taking.


King Louis XIV



Palace Entrance

Over looking the city from within the Palace gate


Simply Stunning!

So Excited!




Gardens...excited to see these next.




These painting were massive and stunning to view. Luke 7:37-38 ( I was in awe that I was standing in front of this).

In the 'Hall of Mirrors' where the Treaty of Versailles was signed on June 28th, 1919.

Us in the 'Hall of Mirrors'.

I told you: Fall leaves, starbucks and carriage rides.

Amazing! We are blessed.

Touring the Gardens

A treasured memory for sure!


So stunning...oh the gardens were nice too!

"Apollo's Chariot". I was VERY excited to see this!!!!

My husband is so handsome!

A beautiful day together!

2 comments:

  1. So pretttyyyyy! You and Dave are so cute together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, hun I'm so glad you guys got to have a few days of "Dave & Nicci" even if it was not really relaxing................... you were still together!
    What a blessing! You guys look so amazing together in one of the most "romantic city" in the world. It truly is "magnifique"

    ReplyDelete