Jer. 29:11-13
Safari Kubwa
The Ilceski's

Friday, 23 September 2011

Welcome to our Flat!

First I should let everyone know that for the next few days there will be a lot of posts that are back tracking the events that have taken place in Newcastle thus far...I know I apologize for all the reading. I promise I will not be bombarding you all with hundreds of posts each day!!! Just bare with me, while I catch everyone up to speed.

Our Flat:

We finally moved in to our flat on Sept. 1st! We found this flat when we first arrived in Newcastle, but unfortunately found out that it would not be available until the beginning of Sept.

Outside our flat in August after finding out we got it!



However, it was a perfect distance for Dave to get to school, and close access to the Metro for me for work, and when we saw it, we loved it! So our letting agent (kind of like a real estate agent) made some phone calls and found us a flat to rent for the month of august until we could move into the flat we wanted!

Eating our first traditional "Bangers and Mash" in our first flat.
Although we only brought 4 hockey bags with us (at the time we thought that was a lot) we seemed to have accumulated quite a bit of material in one months time. So I called a taxi (asking specifically for a van) and I set out on a mission of trying to fit everything in. (Unfortunately we do not have photo evidence of this).

Dave is at school almost everyday (all day) and at first was a huge adjustment.

Dave with his Med. School Books!

Where Dave spends most of his time!

Dave's first day of Medical School

I can't say that I enjoy how little I see him now haha, but I have certainly had to grow and simply learn how to take over many of the tasks that he took care of. To be honest, I have come to appreciate Dave so much in these last few months. I have seen just how MANY things he took care of and it's a lot to keep up with lol!

But one thing that I have been so thankful for is the time I have been spending with new friends. The school Dave attends had a Significan Other's (SO's) group on facebook that I joined when we arrived in Newcastle. Through this site, I have meet and connected with some amazing people; there is this bond that we all seem to share because we are all going through the same battles, struggles and leaps trying to get through medical school. I am so thankful to have other SO's to share and explore with!

Kimmy and Jules (Two of the most amazing girls I know)  enjoying a pint at the Priory in Tynemouth

Kim helped move all of our stuff into our new place. As previously mentioned, we packed the taxi (who was none-too-pleased with the amount of things we had) and we arrived at our new flat. Thankfully on this day there were men fixing our roof and painting our building and in true Geordie (what people from Newcastle are called) fashion they helped us bring everything up to our flat!

To be honest, our flat isn't the largest of flats (but then again nothing in the UK seems to be large) but we have made it our own and feel at home here.

So "Welcome to our home" and we hope you enjoy the tour!!! Perhaps next week you can stop by for tea (Dinner time here in England).

Our Living Room
What we look out to (and Our Kids on the wall).
Dave's study Corner and the cabinet with all his "Prized Possessions" ie. Medical Books





2 comments: