A few weeks ago our friend Julie (who is simply amazing) suggested that she take myself and Kimmy (another wonderful friend) to the Tynemouth Market. I was so excited to just have a day out and tour with the girls and perhaps hunt for some treasures!
First I should mention that I love antiques, love garage sales and love just spending the time trying to hunt for that next great find. I once read an article where a woman purchased a life vest for 10. cents at a garage sale and years later learned that the vest she bought (and still had) was an original from the Titanic. She ended up selling that vest for over $1 million dollars!!! So secretly, I am continually searching for that next "vest" with the hopes that we can at least pay for medical school!!! Dave however sees these "markets" as another way to trick Nicci into spending money on items that we DO NOT NEED lol! He might be on to something!!!
So here are the pictures that document our day both shopping our hearts out and exploring the town of "Tynemouth"!!
I truly have come to treasure the time I get to spend not only in England (I still wake up and have to remind myself that we LIVE here and aren't just visiting) but with some great friends. I honestly do not know what I would do without Kimmy and Jules and all the other friends we have come to know. Our life is a crazy roller coaster at times (moving every year for the next three or four years!!!) and I am so thankful to have good friends to share this journey with! Especially knowing that they too are going through many of the same struggles and hurtles!
 |
| Welcome to the Market (You literally step off the Metro into the Market on either side of you) |
 |
| Kimmy and I so excited! |
 |
| In Tynemouth at the Priory Castle |
 |
| I LOVE this picture of Jule and I |
 |
| Eating Lunch at the Priory! Very British. |
 |
| Jules amazing photography skills! Everyone, and I mean everyone, has TOMS in England. Kimmy and I on the road in Tynemouth. |
 |
| Two very lovely ladies! |
 |
| Army men representing various wars. |
 |
| One of the many stands that my brother-in-law (Kevin) would be drooling over. |
 |
| I thought of Kevin and the many collections he has at home! |
 |
| Again, for Kevin! |
 |
| This was such a beautiful school! Yes, I am a dork! |
 |
| This ones for you Grandpa...we wont ever forget! |
 |
| The cutest little shop! |
 |
| Excited for more finds! And on the hunt for lanterns for Jules wedding. |
 |
| Fall has arrived. |
 |
| My favorite section of the store! So many cute things and ideas. |
 |
| I LOVED this little "surfs up" sign. |
 |
| Eating lunch! |
 |
| Fish, chips and Mushy Peas (I didn't eat those). |
 |
| Where we had lunch! |
No comments:
Post a Comment