It has been another busy few weeks and it's about time that I shared some of the latest adventures (Julie, this is entirely for your reading pleasure)!
Birthday:
Over Easter break we celebrated Dave's birthday! Sadly for him, much of his weekend "off" was spent studying!!! However, we were able to get a few of our birthday traditions in including: birthday pancakes and cinnamon buns, the infamous 'birthday boy' pin (which Dave hates lol) and of course the 'Birthday center piece' that has travelled with us since our first year of marriage!
 |
| Getting things ready!!! Take note, I bought balloons that said "Happy Birthday" on the package. When I opened them they said "Happy New Years". TIG |
 |
| Birthday breakfast almost ready! |
 |
| Birthday Pancakes |
 |
| Our 'Birthday Center piece', the 'Birthday Boy' pin in the back, and homemade cinnamon buns. We didn't have the 'boot glass' this year, so we settled for the Grenada mug, but still with orange juice. |
|
 |
| Bottom of the Cinnamon buns! Raisins, butter and cinnamon...so healthy!!! |
 |
| Rolling the dough! |
 |
| Our house smelled so delish! |
 |
| Before being cooked! |
 |
| Fresh out of the oven! |
We went out to dinner on Friday night (to Umbrellas of course hahah) for Dave's birthday dinner and without fail he got the umbrella burger (his favorite). Saturday morning we headed to the beach to spend some time in the sun together, and simply for Dave to just get a bit of relaxing in...WITH NO STUDYING!!
Let me tell you, Dave certainly got some relaxation time in!!!
 |
| You can barely make Dave out, just floating away in the ocean! |
 |
| Doesn't this look relaxing? |
 |
| How he spent his birthday in Grenada! Sigh, we are going to miss this! |
 |
| "Happy Birthday" Dave! ("Happy" was washed away by the waves). |
Midterms:
This past week has certainly been another tiring and stressful midterm week for Dave. But we are so happy to say that he has finally completed and finished his LAST EVER midterms! For the first time since being on this medical school journey, I saw just how tired and worn out Dave is. Thankfully, after a very LONG week of studying and test taking, we got to spend some time enjoying the island; Dave certainly needed the break!
These photos pretty much sum up Dave's week! Between studying for four midterms and preparing for the USMLE he was pretty much going crazy lol!!! And obviously so excited about me taking his photo to document these adventures!
I was so excited for Dave to be finished midterms (I could tell it was a long week for him), that I thought a little celebration was in order. When he got home I had made a sign celebrating being done midterms and had balloons up. I went to a local bakery in the afternoon to purchase some treats to go along with the celebration (I wanted cinnamon buns, but they were out so cookies had to do). However, I forgot to take a picture of all this! So here is what remains of the sign. You can see that I had to cover up a few areas where we ended up scribbling notes on it...and on the other side, writing a sign for Dave's mom who did AWESOME in a test that she had this week at school, as well!!! But you get the idea!!! LAST MIDTERMS EVER!! (hahah or so we think....)
 |
|
|
|
When Dave arrived home friday we headed out for dinner at Umbrellas (surprise, surprise) and met up with Phil and Kimmy. It is sad to think that these moments are quickly coming to an end, and that last two years enjoying this journey with so many incredible people, will be no more. We truly are so grateful that we got to spend this medical journey meeting greet friends, and building forever friendships. We decided after dinner that we just wanted a night in. So we made popcorn, curled up in a bed and watched movies...it was GLORIOUS! We went to bed so relaxed and glad to have been able to finally spend some time together. Unfortunately, our wake up call came way too early!
Without going into great detail we were woken up at 4am thinking someone was breaking into our apartment. It turns out a drunk med student was trying to locate his friend and told our security guard that his friend lived in our apartment. So they began banging on our front door.
At one point, we heard them trying to take off our screen and open our front window (which turns out the drunk guy thought would be a great way to yell in and see if his friend was ok!!). Nevertheless, we had quite the scare, which included me getting our our machete. Thank goodness I have a calm and rational husband who had the sense to grab the phone to call the police. Then listen to make out what the two men outside of our door were saying, and to look out the side window to see who it was. I was ready to swing the machete but Dave realized it was our security guard. I was sure to tell him that he almost lost his life that night lol!
KickBall:
Saturday morning we got up (well Dave slept in for the first time since probably being on the island) and I got my things ready for a kickball tournament. I have been playing on a kickball team with some friends from the KBT
program. I was asked a couple of months ago to join, because they needed
some more girls, but I wasn't entirely sure about playing as I had no
idea what I was doing! But it turned out to be such a fun experience. Dave ended up coming all day Saturday to watch our games, which I was excited for, and we spent most of the day on the field at SGU (so much for Dave having a break from the school lol).
 |
| Hahaha Keith trying hard! |
 |
| We're so intense! |
 |
| Jimmy ready for action! |
 |
| Anil and his amazing pitching skills! |
 |
| Smitha was ready! |
 |
| Tariq after his grand slam and Ali being so kind to him! |
 |
| I think I was actually dancing at third base ! |
 |
| Action shot! |
 |
| Anil made it to first base! |
 |
| Our team photo right after our big (FIRST and ONLY) win! |
 |
| My jersey..."Mrs." since I was the only married one on the team. |
 |
| The Mr. and the Mrs. |
Love your updates! The balloon thing cracked me up so Grenada!
ReplyDelete