Well after hearing about 'Fish Friday' from basically every person who has ever been on the island, we finally made it!
A couple of weeks ago, a group of Dave's classmates (and who have become dear friends) set up the opportunity to take hire a boat to take us to 'Fish Friday' which is on another part of the island, in Gouyave. I was so excited to go on a sail boat (small one), as this is something we have wanted to experience since being on the island; when are we ever going to go sailing again, right?
After about a hour and a half boat ride, that was filled with many fun moments and learning a great deal about each other (hahah) we finally arrived in Gouyave. It was a beautiful night to sail, as the water was not rough at all, and it was spent with great company! And of course, we had some of the most delicious, and interesting, foods while there...after all, that is what 'Fish Friday' is all about; experiencing the different ways and traditions that the locals prepare their fresh fish...YUMMMM!
 |
| Our Little Sail Boat |
|
|
|
 |
| The boat I was wishing we were taking, lol! |
 |
| Samfee, Sele and I |
 |
| The crew and the Captain |
 |
| Our Skipper! |
 |
| Gorgeous views! |
 |
| The Hospital |
 |
| I am going to miss these moments! |
 |
| Enjoying our boat ride! |
 |
| Peter was enjoying the boat ride, obviously! |
 |
| Samfee and I |
 |
| My handsome man! |
 |
| Smitha and Peter! |
 |
| lol..Samfee never misses a photo op. |
 |
| Yes, we had to take that little dingy ( I thought I was going to drown) from our boat to the docks! |
 |
| Welcome to Fish Friday |
 |
| Kiss the Fish! |
 |
| Massive! |
 |
| Jimmy, Peter and Dave |
 |
| The fish were massive...Peter needed to prove this! |
 |
| Welcome to the Gouyave Fish Market |
 |
| Gouyave is home to Kirani James. The Gold medal Olympian who one the first (EVER) medal for Grenada! |
|
 |
| Arrived at the Market |
 |
| And of course we find ice cream! |
 |
| Nutmeg ice cream....DELISH! |
 |
| Dave with an amazing Fish Skewer |
 |
| I was a little excited about the ice cream! |
 |
| Samfee showing the locals how it's done! |
 |
| Sele showing the locals what she's got! |
 |
| One cute pup, that I wanted to bring back with us!!!! |
All-in-all fish friday was a great success, and we are so thankful that we got to experience it before our time on this island is up; only 9 weeks left until our Grenada adventure is finished, and another chapter completed in our journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment